Kentucky lieutenant governor candidate Jenean Hampton was named to the Republican State Leadership Committee’s (RSLC) 15 in ’15: Races to Watch list, highlighting Republican rising stars and exceptional candidates in state-level races this year. The list is comprised of Future Majority Project and Right Women, Right Now candidates – the RSLC’s initiatives that identify, recruit and support new diverse and women state-level candidates.
“I am honored to be recognized by the RSLC as a ‘Race to Watch’ this year along with so many exceptional women and candidates from diverse communities,” said Hampton. “I am running for office to have a positive impact on people’s lives and make Kentucky a better place to start a business, get an education, and pursue dreams. Matt and I look forward to spending the final days of the campaign sharing our message with voters.”
The RSLC’s 15 in ’15: Races to Watch:
More on each candidate can be found here.
- Jenean Hampton: Kentucky Lieutenant Governor Candidate
- Julie Emerson: Louisiana House District 39 Candidate
- Shane Aguirre: Mississippi House District 17 Candidate
- Jenifer Branning: Mississippi Senate District 18 Candidate
- Sang Yi: Virginia House District 37 Candidate
- Anna Urman: Virginia House District 43 Candidate
- Jason Miyares: Virginia House District 82 Candidate
- Danny Vargas: Virginia House District 86 Candidate
- Chuong Nguyen: Virginia House District 87 Candidate
- Lara Overy: Virginia House District 93 Candidate
- Amanda Chase: Virginia Senate District 11 Candidate
- Siobhan Dunnavant: Virginia Senate District 12 Candidate
- Nancy Dye: Virginia Senate District 21 Candidate
- Teri Hickel: Washington House District 30B Candidate
- Cindi Duchow: Wisconsin House District 99 Candidate
On Saturday, September 26, Lt. Governor GOP nominee Jenean Hampton was inducted to the Kentucky Veterans Hall of Fame (KVHOF). The honor is in recognition of both her military service and post-military accomplishments to our nation and to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Hampton served 7 years in the United States Air Force as a computer systems officer, writing computer code and testing software. Her military service included a tour of duty in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm. Since that time, Hampton has been active in her community both civically and politically. Hampton is involved in many local organizations including the American Legion, The Civil Air Patrol, and the Bowling Green Women's Club. If elected to serve as Lt. Governor, Hampton will be the first African American to hold statewide office in Kentucky.
Hampton was recently profiled in the Courier-Journal, "Matt Bevin's running mate: I'm just 'Jenean'," where Phillip Bailey chronicles Jenean's rise from poverty in Detroit to political stardom in the Republican Party.
A televised profile of Jenean will air this coming Sunday, October 18th at 1pm ET on KET. The program will also air on KET on Monday, October 26th at 10:30pm ET on KET. Other air times are also available on KET 2 and KY Channels. Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-FTmQPN-I&feature=youtu.be